I am married with two amazing daughters of my own, a stepson and step daughter. I am gram gram to a little boy who holds the key to my heart.
Introduce yourself – who you are, what you do, and where you are.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope to hear from you soon. One question you are going to ask is if I have ever had an addiction, and if not how can I help you. To answer the question, no I have not been an addict but growing up my father was an abusive alcoholic. I know how your loved ones feel when you come home drunk or high, or even just angry. I did not just wake up and decide to be a counselor. My childhood experiences called me to the counseling profession and it is my desire to help others overcome the trauma I experienced as a child.
I grew up in Pittsburg, Texas and graduated from Pittsburg High School in 1990, and was told all through school I would never amount to anything. I put myself through cosmetology school, and would work in the Insurance industry for 10 years. Finally as a single mother and after losing my home to bankruptcy, living in a tiny travel trailer with my two daughters, I decided to go back to college and obtain my BA in Psychology in 2010, M.A. Counseling Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist tract from LeTourneau University in Longview, Texas. This would open the door for me to become an Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor. I began my counseling career at a Methadone Clinic, later I became a Crisis Counselor, and then moved into the private prison system, working with Female populations, Intermittent Sanction Facility Probation and Parole, DWI, and Dual Diagnosis populations.
Currently I offer all counseling services, including Anger Management. I work with teenagers, adults and couples. Offering Substance Abuse Assessments.
- 2010 LeTourneau University BA Psychology
- 2012 Addlife Recovery
- 2013 Avail Crisis Center
- 2014 East Texas Treatment Facility
- 2016 Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- 2017 National Honor Society of Psychology
- 2018 Southwest American Psychological Association
- 2018 LeTourneau University MA Counseling
- 2018 Certified Anger Resolution Therapist
- 2019 Azleway Substance Abuse Program
- 2019 Licensed Professional Counselor Intern-Supervised by Stenet Frost LPC-S
- 2021 “Expert telemental health clinician recognized by the TeleMental Health Training Certificate (THTC)”
Add What You Do
Substance Abuse Counseling
Surviving Domestic Violence
Substance Abuse Assessments
Group or cooperate Anger Management
Curriculum Review for Treatment programs